Soul Coughing - Ruby Vroom Musikalbum
Titel: Ruby Vroom
Stil: Leftfield, Alternative Rock, Future Jazz
Category: Jazz / Rockmusik / Blues
Datum der Freigabe: 1994
Etikett: Warner Bros. Records, Slash
Katalognummer: 9 45752-2
Size MP3: 1148 mb
Size FLAC: 1592 mb
|1||Uh, Zoom Zip||3:57|
|5||Is Chicago, Is Not Chicago||3:49|
|8||True Dreams Of Wichita||5:00|
|9||Down To This|
Written-By – C. Tobias, C. Burnett, F. Hibbert, L. Brown, S. Stept
|10||Sugar Free Jazz||3:56|
Recorded By – James McLeanVocals [Answering Machine Vocal], Composed By [Answering Machine Vocal] – Rachel Benbow Murdy
|12||City Of Motors||4:39|
|14||Bus To Beelzebub|
Written-By – R. Scott
|9 45752-2||Soul Coughing||Ruby Vroom (CD, Album, RE, RP)||Warner Bros. Records, Slash||9 45752-2||US||Unknown|
|POCD-1163||Soul Coughing||Ruby Vroom (CD, Album)||London Records, Slash||POCD-1163||Japan||1997|
|828 555-2||Soul Coughing||Ruby Vroom (CD, Album)||Slash||828 555-2||UK & Europe||1994|
|825646133406, R1 45752||Soul Coughing||Ruby Vroom (2xLP, Album, 180)||Slash, Slash||825646133406, R1 45752||Europe||2015|
|9 45752-4, 4-45752||Soul Coughing||Ruby Vroom (Cass, Album, SR,)||Warner Bros. Records, Slash||9 45752-4, 4-45752||US||1994|
- Art Direction, Design – Kim Champagne
- Booking – Frank Riley , Monterey Peninsula Artists
- Coordinator [Album Administration] – Rit Venerus
- Double Bass [Upright Bass], Backing Vocals – Sebastian Steinberg
- Drums, Backing Vocals – Yuval Gabay
- Engineer [Second] – John Paterno
- Illustration – Steve Wacksman
- Keyboards, Sampler, Backing Vocals – M'ark De Gli Antoni
- Legal [Legal Scrutiny] – Elliot Groffman
- Management – Jim Grant , Roger Cramer , Seriously Inc.
- Other [Model] – Kenndal Lynn Andrew
- Photography By – Anthony Artiaga
- Photography By [Band Photos] – Annalisa
- Producer, Recorded By, Mixed By – Tchad Blake
- Producer, Written-By – Soul Coughing
- Voice [Speaks], Vocals [Sings], Electric Guitar – M. Doughty
Recorded and mixed at Sunset Sound Factory, East Hollywood, CA, April and June 1994
©℗ 1994 Slash Records
All songs published by Published By Our Pal Dolores/WB Music Corp. Inc. ASCAP
Track 5 published by Published By Our Pal Dolores/WB Music Corp./Music Sales Corp. ASCAP
Track 12 published by Published By Our Pal Dolores/WB Music Corp./EMI Robbins Catalogue, Inc./Ched Music Corp. ASCAP/Island Music, Inc. BMI
Track 12 contains the following samples:
"Don't Sit Under The Apple Tree" performed by The Andrews Sisters courtesy of MCA Records, Inc.;
"Smokestack Lightning" performed by Howlin' Wolf courtesy of MCA Records, Inc. written by C. Burnett published by Arc Music Corporation BMI;
"Time Tough" performed by Toots & The Maytals courtesy of Island Records Inc.
- Barcode (Text): 0 9362-45752-2 1
- Barcode (Scanned): 093624575221
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 1): 1 45752-2 SRC##01 M3S1
- Mould SID Code (Variant 1): IFPI 2U3M
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 2): S [SRC logo] 1 45752-2 SRC##01 M2S5
- Mould SID Code (Variant 2): IFPI 2U2O
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 3): [SRC logo] 1 45752-2 SRC##01 M3S1
- Mould SID Code (Variant 3): IFPI 2U3D
- Rights Society: ASCAP
- Rights Society: BMI
- Manufactured By – Warner Bros. Records Inc.
- Distributed By – Warner Bros. Records Inc.
- Pressed By – Specialty Records Corporation
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Slash Records
- Copyright (c) – Slash Records
- Published By – Published By Our Pal Dolores
- Published By – WB Music Corp.
- Published By – Music Sales Corp.
- Published By – EMI Robbins Catalog Inc.
- Published By – Ched Music Corp.
- Published By – Island Music, Inc.
- Published By – Arc Music Corp.
- Recorded At – The Sound Factory
- Mixed At – The Sound Factory
Ruby Vroom is the debut studio album by American rock band Soul Coughing, released in 1994. The album's sound is a mixture of sample-based tunes loops of Raymond Scott's Powerhouse on Bus to Beelzebub, Toots and the Maytals, Howlin' Wolf, The Andrews Sisters, and The Roches on Down to This, and a loop of sampler player Mark De Gli Antoni's orchestral horns on Screenwriter's Blues, among others. It also features guitar-based tunes like Janine, Moon Sammy, and Supra Genius and jazzy. Soul Coughing. Ruby Vroom. Ruby Vroom was one of the great debut albums of the '90s. It was an invigorating, refreshing blend of relentlessly funky beats and downtown beatnik hipster and jazz sensibilities that came around when grunge was the order of the day. Despite the hip-hopfunk heroics of the rhythm section Sebastian Steinberg on upright bass and Yuval Gabay on drums, M. Doughty's funky white-boy pose came less from hip-hop than the rhythms and cadences of the performance poetry scene. The albums sound is a mixture of sample-based tunes loops of Raymond Scotts Powerhouse on Bus to Beelzebub , Toots and the Maytals, Howlin' Wolf, The Andrews Sisters, and The Roches on Down to This , and a loop of sampler player Mark De Gli Antonis orchestral horns on Screenwriters Blues , among others. It also features guitar-based tunes like Janine , Moon Sammy , and Supra Genius and jazzy, upright-bass-fueled songs that often slyly quoted other material-the theme from Courageous C. Band Name Soul Coughing. Album Name Ruby Vroom. Type Album. Released date 27 September 1994. Labels Warner Music Group Slash Records. Music StyleIndie Rock. Members owning this album2. Is Chicago, Is Not Chicago. Ah, Ruby Vroom I have this habit of buying albums without having heard even a single song. If I hear enough positive buzz Ill give something a shot. Thus was the Dont Play Soul Coughing at Dinner rule born. It applied to any music that wasnt conducive to company, dinner or relaxation. Dont play it. I may like having my horizons broadened but most people just want to be left the hell alone. I had a Sony Discman and was carrying around a few albums to listen to at work as background music. Thus was born the Do Play Soul Coughing at Work rule. Again, not limited to SC, but playing odd music would keep pesky people from overstaying their welcome in my office. Album 1994 14 Songs. Ruby Vroom Soul Coughing. Vroom is a music album by Soul Coughing released in 1994. Ruby Vroom is ranked 2,668th in the overall chart, 504th in the 1990s, and 65th in the year 1994. This album is rated in the top 4 of all albums on . Soul Couching. Hard to Find CD Condition: Very Good. Soul Coughing Ruby Vroom. 레이블: Warner Bros. Records 9 45752-2, Slash 9 45752-2. 형식: CD, Album. POCD-1163. Ruby Vroom CD, Album. London Records, Slash. 이 버전 판매. Ruby Vroom 2xLP, Album, 180. Product description. Where the '60s had a fair amount of great blue-eyed soul, the 1990s had been remiss in offering up first-rate, blue-eyed hip-hop-until Soul Coughing came along. Grande e storico album dei Soul Coughing, a mio avviso la loro opera migliore, ricco di sonorità ricercate con un basso da paura. Read more. Soul Coughing depuis 1998 et de leur Disseminated sur l'album Rare On Air Vol. 4 de KCRW, il fallait que j'achète ce bijou. La voix de Mike Doughty, les arrangements, les délires musicaux font que ce groupe est cher à mon coeur. Encore un groupe que j'aurais aimé voir en live. One of the coolest bands of the 90s Also check out their 2nd album Irresistible Bliss